Thursday, April 7, 2011

I see a little light!

Well, there have been some changes since I last posted. Contractor #1 has been fired. A new contractor has been hired! I think he is a keeper. My mom asked him if he had a degree in Psychology, since he has calmed me down from hysteria.  The roof by the first contractor had to be redone. I was told that part of the roof was like jumping on a trampoline. Really? The trash his crew left in the yard has already filled 2 dumpsters. At least he hadn't gotten around to the electrical! Anyway, I'm impressed with the carpentry skills of the second crew. They removed a window, & the old bead board used to fill in the space fits perfectly. I'm trying to keep the old house as original as possible, only using sheet rock where the bead board has been pieced together. I want to find old claw feet to put back on the 3 original cast iron bath tubs because they have been removed, & wooden boxes built around them. TACKY! But they won't be when I'm finished. The projects going on now are: rewiring the entire house, replacing all rotted wood on the exterior, and clean-up from the new roof. The next project will be exterior paint. I plan on painting the trim a tan color to blend in with the mortar around the rocks. The wood around the windows will be hunter green, and the doors will be red. I am leaving the two front doors the natural wood, but the frames around them will be red. Come sit with us on the porch in our new red metal chairs!

 P. S. All of you that want to attend my Beer Bust, I mean Open House, need to follow my blog. I have only 3 followers, so join away.

Some of the wood around the window sills has been replaced.

Such a colorful dumpster. LOL

Here are  pictures that were found when cleaning out some old cabinets.  I dug them out of the trash:


 Hopefully, the den with the rock wall with look like this one day:

Remember to follow the blog!