Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Green, no Red, no Green, no Red!


When I arrived at the Rock Cottage today, the workers were painting the wrong colors on the house AGAIN!  I know that I changed one color, but GEEZ! The trim around the front door was painted red, so they assumed the trim around all the other doors needed to be repainted red. Wrong. Anyway, I hope everything will be the correct colors tomorrow.


Here are the wrong colors. Looks like we're ready for Christmas. LOL

No more red stove, as it has been moved during renovation.

I can't wait to get these tubs refinished, put the feet back on, and get some cool faucets.

The cute sink will need to be cleaned up a bit, and then reinstalled.

A new addition to the property is this POD. I knew it was only a matter of time before the china cabinet was broken, so I am glad it is in here now! 




The steps were jack hammered away to make room for the 12' deck going from the rock wall to the end of the house. This will be a great place to sit & visit, while covering up an unsightly portion of the house. 


 The back bedrooms have had the carpet removed & hardwood floors were underneath! Yay! I'm thinking about calling this room the "Texas" room, with some red/white/blue going on, colorful old quilts, and using the 2 Western lamps that came with the house.
 In the adjoining bathroom, I'm thinking of painting the tub red on the outside.
 We are using some old pine planks that were hiding under a bedroom wall for the floor!

If this room is the "Texas Room" to be part of the Bed & Breakfast area, I need ideas and a "theme" for the other room. It also has wooden walls & ceiling. Susan N., Stephanie, Hope, Patti, Claudette, MK, Laura, Beth, and all you other decorators - please give me some ideas! Thanks, Kathy