Saturday, July 23, 2011

Mirror, mirror, on the wall.......

I decided not to use the snow picture above the mantel, and so I began looking for an above the mantel mirror. I found the perfect one at "Granny Had It" in Jefferson, Texas. They had a huge Victorian one, but the smaller one seemed better suited for the space. Take a look:










I am thinking about the table below for the dining room:


I have 6 wooden chairs that are original to the house. They are being slipcovered in a cream fabric with an embroidered "D" on the back. I think they would look great with this table. It is from Rachael Ashwell's Shabby Chic Couture store. I have a white table from her line in my dining room. 

That's all that's to report for now. It seems that everyone's on vacation, including the hunky electricians and the quirky painters. I'm so ready to wrap this project up and begin renting the rooms.