Saturday, June 11, 2011

Come look at the new paint colors!

Finally, the interior is taking shape. I didn't want every room to be a different color, so most of the rooms are Dover White. But I did want to add color to some of the rooms. Take a look:
This is the master bedroom with blue walls & ceiling.

I just purchased this oil painting in Jefferson for the master bedroom for only $60. I found the
frame at Hobby Lobby on sale for just $32. I think it will look great on the blue walls.  
      

This is the first coat of Koi Pond on the kitchen walls. It is a light shade of sage green. The vent-a-hood will be
painted later in red to match the red stove.  Toile drapery swags in red & green are being made for the kitchen window and door by Decorating Etc. in Longview. The fabric will tie both colors together.   The floor will be a gold/tan stone look finish in 16" tiles, and the countertop will be in gold granite.       

I really like the kitchen painted this color.










Turquoise guest bath will have a white claw foot
tub that we had to purchase since the tubs were stolen.  'The tubs are not outside!


Here are pictures of the dining room. The ceiling has been painted a white wash. After trial & error, we decided to spray the beadboard walls Dover White instead of brushing or rolling. I am painting this room because it is so dark, otherwise I would have left the natural beadboard. However, we left the beadboard natural in other rooms.   



I have two options for the next room. The first is to make it into a dressing room. My inspiration is the picture below. I love it! This was from the Nate Berkus Show from a viewer's actual dressing room.:



Here is my room, with a pattern of a 42" circle for a round ottoman placed in the center of the room. I will place a chandelier over the ottoman, like in the picture above.


The other option is to put a white french style twin bed in the room. What do you think? Opinions are welcome! Along with the bed or ottoman will be a white vintage vanity with batwing mirrors. I already have the vanity, but it is being stored. Thanks for letting me share. xoxo Kathy