Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Paint continues & preparing kitchen for granite!

I'm so excited to finally move to decisions about the interior of the house! I really like all the choices so far, and The Rock Cottage is looking better every day. Here are a few pictures:
Hallway in original part of the house.

One of the guest rooms for the B&B. The Dover White on the window frames & doors looks so
much better that the awful green color.
The kitchen counter & sink have been removed to make way for
the granite & new stainless sink coming tomorrow.

The dining room is looking shabby chic.

The living room is almost finished except for painting
the mantel & niche a lovely shade of blue, hanging the original 
chandelier, and putting a coat of varnish on the floors.

The den looks 100% better now. 

Another view of the den area.

Dressing room has colorful bead board.

I need to have a funeral for this toilet! It needs to go into the dumpster,
or maybe we could put it outside & hopefully it will disappear. 

This room will be an office or guest room. I haven't decided yet.

And the crowning jewel......I love this farmhouse sink! We are
a few dollars over budget on the remodeling, so I'm afraid it
won't be going in The Rock Cottage. But!!!!!!!! I'm getting
one similar to this for my own home. I have wanted one for
years! I told my husband over the phone (while he was busy working)
that I was getting a new sink for our house. He told me to get 2. So now
it's ON! I think he thought I was kidding. I'll be sure to post pics of my
new sink soon. LOL. Thanks for stopping by. I hope everyone will
be coming to the Open House in a couple of months. See you, Kathy