Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Chandelier Heaven!

Finally, my eleven chandeliers in The Rock Cottage have been hung! In fact, one almost fell on my head today! I'm serious. I was sweeping in one of the rooms, and the chandelier above my head fell down about a foot, and just dangled right above my head. I called to my tattooed & earring-sporting friend Anthony, but his music was so loud that he didn't hear me. So I left the chandelier dangling, turned off the music, and called again. Anthony & his partner Cody rushed to see what was wrong. They were actually shocked & embarrassed that the chandelier was almost history. Anyway, all is well now. I don't know how impressed they were with my new steel-toed Red Wing work boots, but I told them I was going to get a tattoo on each leg just to fit in. Anyway, here are some pics:
Master bedroom

Dressing Room

This is the dining room. The wooden shutters will be nailed to the walls. I'm still undecided whether or not to leave them white, or paint them a pretty blue that we are using on the mantel in the next room.
 The glass inserts in the chandelier have not been added. We are waiting to add those when the project is complete because they are irreplaceable, and heads would roll if they were broken!

Master Bath - I'm especially loving the black/white ceramic tile. It makes quite a statement. The sconces were purchased along with the house (or rather the owners left them), and I had them wired on both sides of the mirror/medicine cabinet. 

Guest Room #1

Guest Room #2

Living Room without the glass inserts.

Study/Bedroom

Guest Bath

Den area


Kitchen

Here is the kitchen backsplash.

Outdoor Lantern for front doors

That's all for now. Today the kitchen tile will be installed. I invite everyone to come by & see the project in person. We had quite a crowd yesterday. Our forester, Gary Price, stopped by for a visit & tour. I was also surprised by my husband and another CPA, Ann Yandel. Plus the tile guy, contractor Ricky Wisdom, paint contractor, 2 electricians, and 2 workers, and my mother Sis Owens. And of course, I'm giving orders in my steel toe boots. Ricky commented that since I bought those boots, I had become bossy. Haha, that's the teacher in me. I hope everyone has a great day! Kathy