Thursday, November 8, 2012

New Business Cards & Rack Cards for the Rock Cottage

I'm always asked for a business card, and now I have finally them. Jessica and Joe from Right On! Graphics in Jefferson, Texas designed these for us. I think that they did a great job. The cards are two-sided, and they have pictures showing a couple of the rooms in the Rock Cottage. Here is a pic:

What do you think? I think they captured the atmosphere of our 1934 Rock Cottage. I found out some interesting facts this week about the original owners of the Rock Cottage. Their names were Bessie and Russell Davis. Bessie grew up  on a farm near Jefferson, and she had a twin sister named Jessie. Bessie had a Beauty Shop located inside the home. When we were renovating the home, we found old antique metal curling rods, I suppose for giving permanent waves. LOL. Are you old enough, like me, to remember getting a permanent? Her husband, Russell Davis, ran a diner in an old railroad car in the large yard to the right of the house. I wondered why the yard was so big, and now I know why. I hope Bessie approves of the restoration of her home. I wouldn't want her ghost to pay me a visit one night. I'd have to call the Long Island Medium or maybe Ghost Busters. Seriously! 

Next we have new rack cards, also designed by Right On! Graphics:


We will be open during the week of Thanksgiving with a 2 night minimum during Nov. 20-24 if anyone needs a large place to stay. We have approximately 2,800 square feet, and we can rent all or parts of the house with up to 9 guests! There are 2 separate living area with flatscreen TV's, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, kitchen, and more. You may call (903) 806-0436 for reservations. Thank you! Kathy & Sis