Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 4: I am so tired!

I'm not accustomed to ripping up flooring, but once I started there was no stopping until it was gone. I'm lucky that hardwood floors were underneath, which is unusual for a kitchen. They are in good condition. More throwing away junk, (probably 4 truck loads), & making a game plan. The roof will come off tomorrow. There are 2 layers of shingles, one is cedar, so that will be a huge project.  Window units & floor furnaces will be history, along with a dilapidated porch & carport.
Wallpaper coming down tomorrow in dining room.
 I like this lamp, but not sure where I will place it.
 Not cute:
 Kind of cute:
 Wallpaper will be history, & modern coffee table & rug are gone:
 Probably the nicest antique in the house, but I put the original wooden shelves back in:
 I"m keeping this matching pair of fixtures in living & dining room. Most of the others will have to go. I've bought 4 old crystal chandeliers for other rooms. I love chandeliers, & have 10 in my own home. OK, I'm obsessed with chandeliers.
 Scary:
 Master bedroom: Gold carpet will be removed to the hardwood beneath.
 More work:
 Cool wall in den:
 Love the stove: